They can be written right in a web page’s HTML and run automatically as the page loads. They are provided and executed as plain text, don’t need special preparation or compilation to run.
- ECMAScript that provides the core functionality.
- The Document Object Model (DOM), which provides interfaces for interacting with elements on web pages
- The Browser Object Model (BOM), which provides API for interacting with web browsers.
- In 1993, Mosaic, the first popular web browser, came into existence.
- In the year 1994, Netscape was founded by Marc. He realized that the web needed to become more dynamic.
- Consequently, in 1995, the company merged with Sun Microsystems for adding Java into its Navigator so that it could compete with Microsoft over the web technologies and platforms.
- Web Client-side validation
- Displaying pop-up windows and dialog boxes (like an alert dialog box, confirm dialog box and prompt dialog box)
- Displaying clocks
- Dynamic drop-down menus
- Displaying date and time
- Creating presentations
- Backend Data Loading
- It follows the syntax and structure of the C programming language. Thus, it is a structured programming language.
- It is a case-sensitive language.
- It is a weakly typed language, where certain types are implicitly cast (depending on the operation).
- It is supportable in several operating systems including, Windows, macOS, etc.
- It is an object-oriented programming language that uses prototypes rather than using classes for inheritance.
- It is a light-weighted and interpreted language.
- It provides good control to the users over the web browsers.